ReClaim Midwifery and My Sister's Hand Doula Services
We have found a great team in Sara and Francine of Reclaim Midwifery, and Lora of My Sister's Hand Doula Services to help guide the three of us through home birth. Little Bebe is looking forward to meeting you soon.
As many of you know, health insurance doesn't really cover these types of services (midwifery care, doula services, birth tub rental etc.) and we'll be incurring a very large out-of-pocket expense to have a natural birth at home.
Birth tub: $250
Supply kit: $50
Placenta encapsulation: $250
Baby Blessing Cooking Parties
I've been very blessed to host these cooking parties for clients and friends over the years; they're a blast! New mamas like me enjoy the company and loving hands of our friends who come together to cook and package nourishing meals for healing during birth and postpartum. Plus, everyone in the kitchen is having fun and telling stories and making great memories all while learning new kitchen skills.
Some of you are donating your time for the Baby Blessing Cooking Parties. Thank you!
Everyone else, we'd love your help with the cost of ingredients for our nutrient-dense menus.
Cost of Ingredients: $400/party (x2)
Postpartum Healing & Support Services
Help Angie bounce back quickly after the birth with some of her favorite support services.
If you are a health care practitioner or body worker yourself and would like to gift us with your amazing services directly, please let us know.
Cloth Diapering Supplies
- Green Mountain Organic Cloth-Eez Prefolds -- 1-dozen newborn @ $28/dz plus 2-dz small @ $34/dz
- Green Mountain Babee Greens Merino Wool Diaper Covers -- 3 of each size @ $36.95 each
- Green Mountain Babee Greens Deluxe Organic Cotton Wipes -- 4 six-packs @ $18.50/six-pack
- Green Mountain Kissas Anti-bacterial "Wet Diaper" Bag -- 2 bags @ $12.50/bag
- Postpartum Healing Ritual with Amber Dawn Hallet - $130
- Hot Stone or Deep Tissue @ OakBay Chiropractic - $75 - $100/hour
- Ortho-bionomy & CranioSacral with Leopi Nicola - $90/hour
- Postpartum Restorative Massage with Patti Fordham - $100 - $115/90 minutes
Acupuncture / Cupping / Traditional Chinese Medicine & Herbs
$75 - $100/treatment - Chinese herbal remedies vary based on what is needed
Lactation Consultancy Services & Breastpumping Rental / Supplies
$75 - $100/treatment - Remedies vary based on what is needed
- Adrienne Crawford @ Bay Area Midwifery (BAM!)
- Janaki Costello of East Bay Lactation Associates
- Natural Resources
Postpartum Pelvic Physical Therapy & Massage
$75 - $150/treatment with Dr. Elizabeth Miracle of Miracle Physical Therapy
doTERRA Essential Oils
- Helichrysum - $75
- Frankincense - $70
- Myrrh - $52
- Melissa - $115
- Deep Blue - $32
- Balance - $20
- On Guard - $25
Birth Astrology Reading
A no-cost donation of your heart!
"I started A Prayer for Birth through MamaKai to bring a closer awareness to our greater community that birth is happening all around us and it's a very powerful and transformative time for all growing families.
I think it's important for all of us to connect to those whom we love while they are going through their birth story and support them with our loving intentions."
We'd love love love to receive your prayers and intentions when we go into labor (late October / early November) for our own safe passage to the other side with babe in arms!
Add your name to our personal list (not MamaKai's full list) and we'll notify you (through email and/or text) when we go into labor so you can hold us close in your hearts!
We love things that are made by your own hands and heart, and Bébé will too.
We particularly love things made with found objects from nature, wood, organic cottons or raw wools, unique papers, etc. (Please no plastics, paints or chemicals).
Here are some fun ideas:
- birth art or totems
- poems, stories, quotes, prayers, photos, smudge sticks, candles
- knit, sewn or felted: baby clothes, hats, blankets, booties, leg-warmers
- stuffed dolls or wooden toys, artwork for Bébé's space
We can't wait to see what you come up with.